Kismet Phono Tube Preamplifier
The Kismet Phono Tube Preamp
Price: 3,000 USD
The Kismet Phono Preamp is a highly adjustable MC/MM Preamp is designed using the best of both world circuitry technologies for frequency response, linearity, low distortion, and low output impedance. It conforms to the established RIAA specs. Matched components within 0.5 % tolerances.
The design is based on an ultra-quiet (NO IC chips here) MC gain section using ultra-low noise “bi-polar” components. This is followed by two stages that include the RIAA network and final gain stage (mu-follower), using vacuum tubes. Separate RCA inputs are available for MM/MC cartridges. It is highly configurable on both input loading impedances, and capacitance using internal gold plated jumpers (NO dip switches here !!!). The MC section will accommodate cartridges with outputs as low as 0.15 mV.
To top off this design the unit has a variable Master Gain Control that allows for infinite final gain adjustments to both MM/MC. This is critical as many times the use of only fixed gain settings will leave some transducers running too hot (loud), adding excessive noise and distortion to the source material, or soft cutting overall dynamics, reducing definition and sound staging.
The power supply is around a solid-state configuration – it has been designed as an “external” independent unit to further minimize overall noise, specifically to magnetic field interferences generated by the power transformer. The PS provides three fully independent voltage supplies circuits for the various sections, again using the best currently available components, among others ultra-fast recovery Stealth Diodes. This optional PS is interconnected via Groneberg Reference Quattro cables.
As with all Odyssey gear, it is 100 % hand made in the USA, and as with all Kismet, the case is fully billet machined over 13 hours +/
- Bi-polar and Vacuum Tube single ended stages
- Adjustable MC input load impedance and capacitance via jumpers
- Adjustable MC input gain via jumpers
- Master variable gain control via front plate knob for both MM/MC
- Separate RCA inputs
- Low output impedance
- Class A gain stages
- Zero Feedback
- Low current design for cery long tube life
- MC section powered by a single 9 V battery
- Optional external power supply with three independent rectification circuits
- Tubes: ECC 83 / 12 AX 7 (x4)
- Gain MC: 52 – 60 dB fully variable
- Input impedance MC: 50-100-200-1K Ω
- Input capacitance MC: 100 – 150 pF
- Gain MM: 40 dB fully variable
- Input impedance MM: 47 KOhms
- Output impedance: <2 K Ohms
- Frequency: 20 Hz – >50 KHZ
- RIAA specs: ±1 dB from 28 Hz – 25 KHz
- Weight: 43 lbs / 19.5kg
› Kismet Reference
› Kismet Hybrid Integrated
› Kismet Phono Pre
- Stratos Stereo and Khartago Stereo: Conversion to Mono amplifier with the Purchase of an additional amplifier. Free of charge.
- All amplifiers: Custom bias for your system prior to purchase. The customer has to provide system information to check feasibility. Free of charge.
- All Products: Anodized Faceplate only + $75.00 USD
- All Products: Complete Product Chassis anodized + $99.00 USD
- All Products: Faceplate only 24 K. Gold or 99.9 % Silver plated + $195.00 USD
- All Products: Faceplate only pure 100 % Platinum plated + $250.00 USD
- Stratos Stereo: Upgrade to 120,000ÂµF (Plus model) from basic model with 60,000ÂµF + $125.00 USD
- Stratos Mono's: 2nd pair of loudspeaker outputs for bi-wiring or tri-wiring option + $50.00 USD
- All amplifiers: Binding post-upgrade to the top of the line WBT Platinum series + $100.00 USD
Peace of mind. Whenever you feel that a check-up is necessary. Check on bias, offset, connections, and power supply. Only for Registered customers. Free of charge.
Warranty: 20 years for all parts.
Labor is inclusive for the first 2 years, and after that time period, we'll be charging a shop rate of $20/hour for registered customers. The above-indicated shop rate applies to all repairs that are not covered under the terms of the standard 20-year warranty for all registered owners.
6731 West 79th Street Indianapolis, IN 46278, U.S.A.