Kismet Reference Monitors
The Kismet Reference Monitor
We had to design a loudspeaker with the ScanSpeak Beryllium and the Revelator 4531 bass unit. We just had to, considering that this Beryllium tweeter is regarded as the single world’s best driver pretty much everywhere. Well, it had better be up there considering it’s astronomical $550. per piece price, but man, it is worth it.
What can we possibly say about it? You have to listen to it – the sparkle, the natural extension, the ridiculous “being there” is incredible. ScanSpeak has produced something very, very special. So, staying in line with our goals of pure emotional, three-dimensional, non-fatiguing, and natural tonality, the Kismet Reference Monitors fit right in with our Hybrid Integrated and the Kismet amplifiers. They are indeed part of the same family, and without listening, it is simply impossible to describe them.
General description of the Kismet Monitors’ Illuminator tweeters:
They stand for superb vocal rendition and excellent imaging at all listening levels. The D3004/664000 is top of the range with its pure beryllium diaphragm, large roll surround, and AirCirc motor system. It provides an excellent – unsurpassed – sound reproduction with a flat frequency response to above 40KHz, outstanding off-axis response, low distortion, and dynamic precision.
- Beryllium Diaphragm (99% Pure Be)
- Patented Symmetrical Drive (SD-2) motor
- Black Rubber Painted Die-Cast Faceplate
- AirCirc Motor Design w. 6 Neo magnets
- Large Roll Surround f. Wide Dispersion
- Non-Magnetic Protective Grill
General description of Kismet Monitors’ woofers:
The Revelator midrange and midwoofers are both well known for their sliced paper cone technology. Filled with damping glue, the slices dramatically reduce breakup modes in the diaphragm. Combined with Scan-Speaks low-loss linear suspension and the patented Symmetrical Drive (SD-1) it represented a breakthrough in midrange clarity and overall smooth frequency response characteristics.
- Patented Symmetrical Drive Motor Design
- Low-Loss linear suspension
- Die-cast Alu Chassis vented below spider
- Sliced Cone (Controls Cone Breakups)
- Low Damping SBR Rubber Surround
- Large Ferrite Magnet System
- As with all Odyssey gear, it is 100 % hand made in the USA.
- 4 Ohm
- 87 dB sensitivity
- 64 lbs / 29 kg pr
- Optional stands / 24 x 16 x 10 “
- Alphacore / Mundorf / Sonicaps / WBT / Groneberg TS Premium / Riedons
6731 West 79th Street Indianapolis, IN 46278, U.S.A.